Wow, that is a LOT to take in.
EDIT, Tuesday, 1/2/07: This is a very powerful posting to read, and it triggered in me something that I have wanted to say for a long time. However, I realized too late that what I really wanted to respond to is the synergism between the religious right and the moneyed classes ON OUR GOVERNMENT AND SOCIETY, and not really on the military, per se.
But that is only about half of what is going on. Please bear with me, and take a look at another set of data.
1. While most of the working and middle class has been getting along pretty much O.K., their standard of living hasn't improved noticably in the last 30 years, while the wealth of this country has been increasing by amazing amounts.
2. The ratio of the pay of the lowest paid worker to the compensation of the CEO's and owners has gone up by several orders of magnitude in that same time. The poor may or may not be getting much poorer, but the rich are getting one HELL of a lot richer.
3. Right after 911, congress passed an "anti-terrorism act", which was little more than a fig leaf for the $100 Billion tax cut for the rich, which almost no one seemed to notice.
4. I believe that this country is not so much being run into the ground by the Republicans, as by the People Who OWN the Republican party, all too much of the Democratic party, and far too much of the rest of the country. - Please go back and read that a second time.
5. So to simplify, let's call these people the Neocons, and Suzer's bunch the Theocons. We can then pretty much see, or at least begin to learn that the Neocons believe that they are using the Theocons, and the Theocons believe that they are using the Neocons. However, it is ourselves, the rest of the non-rich, the rest of the world, the environment, and anyone unlucky enough to be labeled a terrorist that are really going to suffer from all of this.
Your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated.
Concern, Bruce Chris
Last edited by BruceChris; 01-02-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Reason: Self explanitory