Great letter Jamie.
I also think it is good we are following the steps of nonviolence.
1. Gather information from all sides including the school
2. Education of all parties invovled including the school and Soulforce
3. Negotiation. Lets negotiate with the school or try to before doing anything else.
4. Self purification. For most of the civil rights movement MLK had people in the churches singing and praying nightly to renew commitment to the cause. We need to do some type of self commitment before taking any action to insure we remain nonviolent in our words and our actions.
5. Direct Action. If neccessary this is a good place for the Freedom Riders to pay a visit to the school on Jason's behalf. Assuming her would be okay with it. This is only to provide tension enough to bring the school to the table to work on step #4.
6. Reconcilitation. The goal of nonviolence is always reconciliation. You can skip around all the other steps, even not use some, but you must use this one! This is were we find a win-win solution for everyone including the school.
Emorph: Thank YOU! THat was a sweet thing to say!