No More Years! No More Years!
I swiped this idea from another site and posted these there a couple days ago...
Reading some of you folks' great ideas makes me want to add them, but I'll leave the list as was... (Lydia---Adoption! how could I miss that. And Zerb, Health care- not to mention just a little Lysol and Bactine air drops...It be so easy, cheap and effective....If I were sick I'd've thought of it... )
1. Eliminate the electoral college/establish a one person, one vote system.
2. Open the system to multiple parties (or eliminate the two party system stranglehold)
3.Make it so whoever had the most votes becomes Pres. whoever has second most, Vise-Pres. Thus forcing the two dominant parties to work together
4.Raise teachers pay 20% and eliminate tenure.
5.Acknowledge the Iraq war fiasco, apologize and ask the world for help again.
6. Actually talk with other adversarial countries we disagree with.
7. Set up a few national 24 hour TV stations where every citizen can sign up for a 30 second shot to say whatever they want.
8.Legalize and regulate some drugs, eliminating the black market and ending at least one pointless war. Release all nonviolent drug offenders to make room for congress...
9. Raise research and development for alternative energy 50X.
10.Edumacate myself to effect all sorts of other corporate crap directed at eliminating monopolies, lobbies, billion dollar salaries, tax incentives, loopholes to bribery and fund raising scams.
11. Marry off some queers.
12. Abolish the death penalty (at least until it was fair.)
...and after watching a "never gonna eat again" documentary on genetically altered frankenfoods last night-
13. Regulate and Label the hell out of the food industries! -I'd start a boycott of Monsanto if they didn't already own my chemically, RoundUp Ready altered body. (joke?)
~nightmare scenario~ > > > conspiracy alert > > > :911 pt. 2: just prior enough to pres. election '08, voting validation disrupted, Washington in chaos, Marshal law declared. Bush wins indefinitely. < < <