|View Poll Results: Can you support the equal rights effort in Ca.?|
|Yes, I think you have a good chance to succeed!||3||60.00%|
|I will support but I think you have a slim chance||0||0%|
|I am sorry I don't think you have a chance||0||0%|
|How do I participate?||2||40.00%|
|Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Prop 8 in California
Vote No on Prop 8
Marriage Rights for All California Constitutional ammedment
On the November ballot you’ll be asked to vote on marriage equality. If passed, Proposition 8 will
amend the constitution and restrict the definition of marriage to a man and a woman. Before you
vote, please consider these few questions:
If you are for civil unions instead of marriage;
1) Are you aware that civil unions do not offer the same legal benefits and protection as marriage?
2) Do you know that there are more than 1,100 federal and state benefits and laws that other couples can enjoy through marriage but that make lesbians gays and transgender individuals unequal under the law?
3) Are you aware that in civil unions people pay more money for federal and state taxes but do not get all the legal protections and benefits in return?
4) Do you know that without marriage an employer in California can decide to deny any medical benefits to a partner even if they are in a domestic partnership?
5) Are you aware that marriage licenses are civil contracts issued by the government and not by the local churches?
6) If so, do you know that the Constitution’s separation of church and state guarantees freedom of religion against government intrusions into spiritual and religious matters?
7) Are you then aware that amending the Constitution to restrict marriage can also affect your freedom of religion and speech because it opens a breach in the law that separates church and state?
If you are against the Supreme Court because it has overturned the previous referendum against gay marriage:
1) Did you know that a ban on interracial marriage, was also lifted by the California Supreme Court in 1948, when an unconstitutional referendum proposal said interracial couples would destroy family values?
2) Do you think a referendum should determine “pursuit of happiness” when the happiness and equality of gays and lesbians is not taking any rights away from the majority?
3) Would you be happy if the government decided whom you should love and marry?
Please take some time to review these questions and help us to make California a better place for everyone, free from prejudice and discrimination.
No On Prop 8—Marriage Rights For All, is an independent North County task force of churches, groups and individuals opposed to Proposition 8. See ProgressivePost.com for dates and times of meetings.
For more information call Dick Eiden at (760) 758-2410 or Max Disposti (760) 672-1848. So far the groups involved in the Task Force are: North County LGBT Coalition, North County Forum, Sunset Poets, Pilgrim
United Church of Christ (Carlsbad), Palomar Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (Vista).
This is a brand new group in North County San Diego. You can help by sending the Vote NO on 8 to your friends straight and gay in California.